The British quintessential event of the afternoon is, without doubt, enjoying the sophisticated delights of afternoon tea. The historical roots of tea can be traced to the 17th century when Queen Elizabeth I granted permission for the charter of the British East India Company to establish trades routes with the Far East, Southeast Asia and India. Alongside spices, silk, cotton, saltpetre and indigo, tea travelled thousands of miles across the seas to Britain, establishing itself as the mainstay drink of British choice.
Served within the comfortable Lounge Bar, freshly prepared finger sandwiches, light sponge cakes sandwiched with fresh cream fillings, or warm sultana packed scones topped with fresh strawberry jam and thick clotted cream, you too can enjoy this truly British tradition. Not forgetting of course, freshly made tea.
- Smoked salmon, chives, cream cheese on campagne bread
- Pickled cucumber & ricotta on white bread
- Roast ham with cheddar toastie
- Prawn cocktail
- Summer berry millefeuille
- Cocktail Victoria Sponge
- Bailey’s cheesecake cone
- Dark chocolate & cream cup
- White chocolate & Italian Meringue tart
- Sultana & plain scones served with strawberry jam and clotted cream
- The above, served with Raspberry & gin sorbet
- Earl Grey gin martini
Please exchange your voucher at the Lounge Bar on arrival.
Dress code: Smart/Casual
Find out more about the venue.